Immunocore, is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTACs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
A person in this role will conduct and design experimental investigations enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities, proposing improvements for consideration by colleagues and managers. You will also be supporting process development within CMC, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results. Independently test and increasingly, leading lines of investigation. Proposing new experiments based on emerging data and other related information. Providing support on technical aspects to others.
- Conduct and design experiments to support manufacturing at GMP and regulatory submissions
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff. Provide technical guidance to others within the team on how to use equipment most effectively; making recommendations regarding acquisition of new pieces of equipment.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
- Priorities: establishing priorities for own work and team-based projects; making decisions on prioritisation based on the overall goals of the team, department and project, using direct evidence and personal experience as guidance.
- Technical Knowledge: sharing knowledge with the wider team and, across departments representing the department both internally and externally. May also act as a mentor or manager to other colleagues, especially new hires, sharing scientific and company knowledge
- Reporting: communicating and presenting findings at meetings with colleagues, senior management and partners.
You will need experience in working at a bench-based bio-pharmaceutical laboratory environment with a recognized and established expertise to: optimise microbial fermentations in bioreactors, aid the upstream production of biologics to support downstream process, analytical characterisation and formulation studies.
You should also be aware of cGMP an biopharmaceutical manufacturing requirements as well as have experience in mentoring and coaching colleagues in scientific practices and theory. You must be able to interpret results with minimal guidance.
Being familiar with process scale up activities aimed at achieving complete process understanding and control, as well as building robustness into biologics production platform using DoE is an advantage.
Regulatory CMC document writing contributions (IND, IMPD), process validation experience as well as support of BLA/MAA submissions for biopharmaceutical is desirable but not essential.
You will need a BSc or MSc or equivalent in biochemical engineering, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline. A PhD is desirable in related discipline.
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!