EHS doesn't have to be Hi-viz, clipboards and 'fun police' so whilst we're looking someone who ticks the boxes, dots the i's and crosses the t's we want them to think about EHS in new, pioneering way that speaks culturally to our organisation.
You will continue the improvements to Immunocore’s H&S culture. Maintaining an effective H&S management system and ensuring the safety of all staff and visitors. To ensure that the company complies with all current health and safety legislation.
- Responsible for the implementation of the EHS strategy & procedures, organising relevant EHS training.
- Responsible for the management of the occupational health programme.
- Carrying out health and safety inductions for all new employees
- Performing safety audits at regular intervals and working to resolve any issues identified during these audits by collaborating with relevant lab stewards, BSO’s, group leaders or departmental heads
- Chairing Health and Safety committee. Ensuring actions taken from meetings are followed up and reported back to the EHS Director, Biological Safety Officers and the Facilities Manager
- Administration of H&S documents, ensuring employees complete those relevant to their work; these documents include:
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Systems of Work
- H&S data sheet
- H&S section of the Company Handbook
- Maintaining the company’s fire procedures including fire drills, including appointing marshals, training staff and ensuring Fire Marshals log regular checks on equipment within their areas and asking them to do so if they haven’t
- Advising the Radiation Committee on H&S for their area by attending Radiation Committee meetings and inspections by the Environment Agency etc.
- Up-dating the H&S section of the Company Handbook as and when required; ensuring all information is current and correct.
- Assisting with regular updates of the BCP with the help of the company insurer and department heads
This is, largely, a blank canvas for the right person to come in and visibly make their mark. So if you're someone who has been pushing at what's possible somewhere that's not really listening, then we want to hear from you.