EHS doesn't have to be Hi-viz, clipboards and 'fun police' so whilst we're looking someone who ticks the boxes, dots the i's and crosses the t's we want them to think about EHS in new, pioneering way that speaks culturally to our organisation.
This new role will take the overall responsibility for the EHS, Biosafety, Sustainability & Wellbeing of Immunocore ensuring full compliance to exacting standards with all current health and safety legislation. It will own the business strategy and policy for EHS developing an effective delivery system to inspire a culture of proactive awareness of health & wellbeing; empowering stakeholders to take responsibility, be decisive and develop their own solutions within the law.
You will be the sole lead on Biological safety, managing, developing and upskilling the current HS team.
- Responsible for the development of competencies of the team with the aim to be viewed as valuable internal partners providing credible advice aligned to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of strategy and associated policies aligned to the business to achieve local, regional and international health, safety and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Supported by an empowered, positive culture of safety and sustainability.
- Supported by accredited ‘ISO style’ standards for H&S and Environmental performance, thus fostering a system of demonstrable standards and their continuous improvement.
- Supported by an occupational health service
- Monitoring (influencing) Immunocore’s sustainability objectives/targets.
- Collaborate with the VP’s of Pipeline Research and Infectious Disease to build and deliver an open and accountable culture that is effective and habitually safe.
- Accountable for all EHS documentation, processes and audits.
- Oversee and develop the EHS training program ensuring new staff are on-boarded appropriately and that continuous, relevant training is accessible and encouraged.
This is, largely, a blank canvas for the right person to come in and visibly make their mark. So if you're someone who has been pushing at what's possible somewhere that's not really listening, then we want to hear from you.