Position - (Sr) Business Development Associate
Immunia’s Mission Statement
Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to discover and develop novel therapeutics.
Immunai is a fast-paced, innovative startup operating at the intersection of immunology and artificial intelligence. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, computer scientists, engineers, physicians, mathematicians, computational biologists, operators, and entrepreneurs singularly focused on solving the audacious challenge of mapping the human immune system. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has already begun building AMICA (the “Annotated Multi-omic Immune Cell Atlas”) by mapping millions of immune cells and their functions. This atlas will play an important role in developing novel therapeutics and diagnostics in numerous disease areas, including oncology and autoimmune disorders.
The immune system, with its trillions of cells and thousands of cell types and states, has been impossible to decode until now; we believe recent advances in single cell genomics, ML, and high-performance compute will open up new understanding in how drugs interact with immune cells, and how the cells in turn interact with disease. These insights will, in turn, be used to boost clinical response to different therapies.
For details - www.immunai.com
Location - anywhere in North America; NYC or Bay Area preferred
- Information Technology & Services
Employment Type - Full-time
Reports to - Director of BD
- The candidate will contribute to the execution of Immunai’s business strategy for selling its services to partners within the immunology and autoimmune ecosystem, including academic collaborators, BioPharma partners developing therapeutics, and biomarker-driven molecular diagnostic partners
- The candidate will be broadly responsible for managing the BD pipeline to ensure coordination and engagement with potential partners on all matters during deal initiation and negotiation.
- The candidate will contribute to diligence and intelligence research on collaborators and competitors in the immunotherapy space.
- The candidate will identify and source potential partners and help to identify proper initiation points with them.
- The candidate will contribute to business development engagements with potential partners to develop long term, enterprise-wide relationships
- Work with legal to drive successful contracts that advance our interests and those of our partners
- Work with customer success team to ensure clients are pleased with our deliverables
- You have 3+ years of operational and/or strategic experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (1+ with top MBA), ideally through a BD or similar role in biopharma, biotech, healthcare technology or through a life-science oriented consulting firm.
- You have a background in science (esp. immunology) through an undergraduate or ideally, an advanced degree (MS/PhD/MD).
- Track record in biotech consulting or venture capital helpful
- Exceptionally organized and able to push forward on many threads in parallel.
- The successful candidate should thrive in start-up culture, and be excited about joining a small, agile, and growing team that is working on a challenging and ambitious mission. She will be as tactical and hungry as she is brilliant and strategic, and happy to roll up her sleeves to get any job done.
Desired Personal traits
- You want to make an impact on humankind
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You are customer-obsessed, and are proactive, creative, and scrappy in finding ways to deliver the best customer experience
- You have the agility to develop relationships with Immunai’s cross-functional teams spanning science, engineering, product and business
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You thrive in a start-up mindset - you are proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and are eager to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You prioritize “We” over “I”