(Sr) Computational Biologist
Immunai is a fast-paced, innovative startup operating at the intersection of immunology, single cell genomics and artificial intelligence. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, computer scientists, engineers, and operators focused on decoding the immune system to improve health. We are seeking a talented, self-directed individual to join our team as a (Sr) Computational Biologist
The Computational Biologist will leverage single cell multi-omic data to drive the discovery of new insights that advance our internal therapeutics discovery efforts. This position requires previous experience working with single cell genomic sequencing (e.g., 10x or similar). Responsibilities include cleaning, QC-ing and analyzing multiomic data, preparing clear, insightful plots to highlight biological discoveries, and more broadly thinking about how to extract the most signal from the data we generate. Experience working with patient samples, especially treated with immunotherapy (CAR-T) and/or with single cell screens (CRISPR or otherwise) is a plus. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
- Lead computational analyses of single cell data end-to-end
- Lead the planning and execution of single cell genomics screens
- Contribute to building and maintaining bioinformatics processing pipelines
- Identify and interpret scientifically meaningful insights from complex clinico-genomic data.
- Develop machine learning models to extract important features from data automatically
- Develop novel statistical algorithms to infer patterns and properties of biological systems
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental data
- Maintain detailed records of experiments
- PhD. in computational biology, bioinformatics, (computational) immunology, or similar.
- 2+ years direct, hands on experience with analyzing data from single cell genomic profiling.
- Fluency in R, experience with Python a plus.
- Experience in a compiled language (Java, C) helpful.
- Experience using single cell genomics to uncover insights from clinical samples and/or screens a major plus.
- Strong publication record demonstrating exceptional ability in scientific research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute experiments
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment, both independently as well as be willing to help others