Position - Director, Scientific Business Development
Immunia’s Mission Statement
Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to discover and develop novel therapeutics.
Immunai is a fast-paced, innovative startup operating at the intersection of immunology and artificial intelligence. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, computer scientists, engineers, physicians, mathematicians, computational biologists, operators, and entrepreneurs singularly focused on solving the audacious challenge of mapping the human immune system. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has already begun building AMICA (the “Annotated Multi-omic Immune Cell Atlas”) by mapping millions of immune cells and their functions. This atlas will play an important role in developing novel therapeutics and diagnostics in numerous disease areas, including oncology and autoimmune disorders.
The immune system, with its trillions of cells and thousands of cell types and states, has been impossible to decode until now; we believe recent advances in single cell genomics, ML, and high-performance compute will open up new understanding in how drugs interact with immune cells, and how the cells in turn interact with disease. These insights will, in turn, be used to boost clinical response to different therapies.
Location - anywhere in N; NYC or Bay Area preferred
- Information Technology & Services
Employment Type - Full-time
Reports to - Chief Business Officer
- The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and deliver Immunai’s strategy for selling its services to partners within the immunology and autoimmune ecosystem, including academic collaborators, BioPharma partners developing therapeutics, and biomarker-driven molecular diagnostic partners
- Internally, the candidate will serve as the voice of the customer in autoimmune therapeutics and diagnostics, and provide the key customer context to our business, R&D, and product teams to inform our product and go-to-market decisions
- Lead business development engagements with potential partners in the autoimmune space to develop long term, enterprise-wide relationships
- Work with legal to drive successful contracts that advance our interests and those of our partners
- Work with executive management and product to develop overall product strategy for our autoimmune efforts
- Work with marketing to develop and hone a pitch of our complex service offerings that’s easy to understand and compelling
- Work with customer success team to ensure clients are pleased with our deliverables
- You have a PhD in immunology, preferably with a focus on autoimmunity, or are an MD with deep experience in rheumatology or immunology
- You have a deep understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, particularly as it relates to autoimmune disorders, and have 5+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services, or analyses to biopharma companies, or developing business in similar
- You have operational and strategic experience in organizations such as life sciences-oriented consulting firms, healthcare technology companies, business development / partnership functions at biopharmas, etc.
- Track record in biotech consulting or venture capital helpful
- You have a track record of success in opening and closing long term business relationships with biopharma companies in a strategic and abstract space, and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- The successful candidate should have deep knowledge of customer dynamics in the biopharma industry, particularly with oncology or autoimmune disease, and have a track record of successful “hunting” of large and complex deals. She should be as tactical and hungry as she is brilliant and strategic, and happy to roll up her sleeves to get the job done. The successful candidate should thrive in start-up culture, and be excited about joining a small, agile, and growing team that is working on a challenging and ambitious mission
Desired Personal traits
- You want to make an impact on humankind
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You are customer-obsessed, and are proactive, creative, and scrappy in finding ways to deliver the best customer experience
- You have the agility to develop relationships with Immunai’s cross-functional teams spanning science, engineering, product and business
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You thrive in a start-up mindset - you are proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and are eager to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You prioritize “We” over “I”