Position - Cell Therapy Scientist
Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to develop improved drugs and therapeutics.
Immunai was founded in December 2018. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, genomics technologists, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and operators singularly focused on solving an audacious challenge. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions in order to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases. The company noted that the immune system consists of trillions of cells that are divided into different cell types that perform different functions. Because of the complexity of the system, it can be difficult to determine how drugs will interact with the immune cells. This increased understanding can be used to boost clinical response to different cellular therapies.
Immunai’s mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge. We developed the tools and knowhow to help every immuno-oncology and cell therapy researcher excel at their job. This helps increase the speed in which drugs are developed and brought to market by elucidating their mechanisms of action and resistance.
Location - NY, USA.
For details - www.immunai.com
Reports to - CTO
The Cell Therapy Scientist will drive the planning and execution experiments focused on the development of cell therapy against cancer. The position requires expertise in T-cell culturing and engineering. Responsibilities include performing molecular cloning, cell culturing, cell engineering, and validation assays. CAR-T experience is a plus.
- Contribute to the development of cell therapy programs at Immunai
- Contribute to the planning, design and execution of experiments
- Perform molecular cloning
- Maintain T-cells in vitro
- Engineer T-cells with viral transduction and/or electroporation, likely using CRISPR
- Establish and perform in vitro assays to assess engineered T-cell function
- Experience with in vivo measurements of engineered T-cell efficacy and function in the context of cancer.
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental data
- Maintain detailed records of experiments
- PhD. in biological sciences
- Background in immunology is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in mammalian cells culturing and cell engineering
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques
- Experience using CRISPR to engineer T-cells preferred
- 1+ years experience with T-cells culturing and engineering (transduction and electroporation)
- CAR-T or adoptive cell therapy experience preferred
- Experience establishing in vitro assays for cell therapy development preferred
- Publication record demonstrating exceptional ability in scientific research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute experiments
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment, both independently as well as be willing to help others
Desired Personal traits
- You want to make an impact on humankind
- You prioritize “We” over “I”
- You enjoy getting things done - with super high quality
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You have superior skills and experience, and constantly strive to be world-class in what you do
- You constantly challenge your own assumptions, pushing for continuous improvement
- You have a growth mindset
- You make decisions that favor the company, not yourself or your team
- You are candid, authentic and transparent