DevOps/IT (Tel Aviv)
Create the next generation immunotherapies by applying AI to big data of single-cell immunomics.
Immunai was founded in December 2018.
We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, genomics technologists, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and operators singularly focused on solving an audacious challenge. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions in order to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases. The company noted that the immune system consists of trillions of cells that are divided into different cell types that perform different functions. Because of the complexity of the system, it can be difficult to determine how drugs will interact with the immune cells. This increased understanding can be used to boost clinical response to different cellular therapies.
Immunai’s mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge. We developed the tools and knowhow to help every immuno-oncology and cell therapy researcher excel at their job. This helps increase the speed in which drugs are developed and brought to market by elucidating their mechanisms of action and resistance.
Location - Tel-Aviv, Israel
Industry - Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, AI and Machine Learning, IT
Employment type - Full time
- Managing Immunai’s Google Cloud environments (Storage, VPC, VMs, etc.) to match the unique needs of computational biology deep research
- Planning and supporting the entirety of our security operations involving both a huge cloud resource pool and individual endpoints
- Owning and automating sensitive high-volume data operations involving genetic data with external partners (industry giants)
- Constructing and tuning containers/images/instances with SW necessary for research
- Experience in managing a cloud environment, including: instances/disks, storage, VPCs. Advantage: at least some experience scripting environments through CLI/APIs
- Active knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Python - ability to read code / write small scripts
- Understanding how to build quality at the source and focus on balancing practicality with long-lasting systems thinking
- Ability to think strategically, with the big picture in mind
- Nice to have: background in computational biology (OJT will be provided to the extent necessary for the job)
Desired Personal traits
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You take pride in owning crucial tasks and successfully executing them
- You practice a “disagree and commit” approach
- No problem is not your problem
- You seek what is best for Immunai, rather than what is best for yourself
- You want to make an impact on humankind