Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to develop improved drugs and therapeutics.
Immunai is a fast-paced, innovative startup operating at the intersection of immunology and artificial intelligence. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, computer scientists, engineers, physicians, mathematicians, computational biologists, operators, and entrepreneurs singularly focused on solving the audacious challenge of mapping the human immune system. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has already begun building AMICA (the “Annotated Multi-omic Immune Cell Atlas”) by mapping millions of immune cells and their functions. This atlas will play an important role in developing novel therapeutics and diagnostics in numerous disease areas, including oncology and autoimmune disorders.
The immune system, with its trillions of cells and thousands of cell types and states, has been impossible to decode until now; we believe recent advances in single cell genomics, ML, and high-performance compute will open up new understanding in how drugs interact with immune cells, and how the cells in turn interact with disease. These insights will, in turn, be used to boost clinical response to different therapies.
Location - anywhere in NA; NYC or Bay Area preferred
Reports to - Chief Business Officer
We are seeking a talented, self-directed, customer-obsessed individual to join our team as a Marketing Manager or Director, depending on seniority.
As the first marketing professional within a 50-person fast-growing company, the candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities, though will be supported by both the Chief Business Officer and subsequent marketing hires. Primary responsibilities will include defining and characterizing markets for immunai’s core product offering, defining and articulating the value propositions of these products for internal and external use, working with Product and BD to understand the VoC, and customer research to support the business development efforts.
Secondary responsibilities will include managing the company’s corporate communications, including PR efforts, the web site, any (currently limited) digital marketing campaigns, conference presentations and presence, and the core brand strategy (in conjunction with CBO and CEO).
While the candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities and autonomy, they won’t be on an island; they will work closely with the CBO, the CEO, and the Product team on all of the above.
The successful candidate should have deep knowledge of biopharma marketing and a track record of defining successful product markets and launching into these markets. She should be as practical and tactical as she is creative and strategic, and happy to roll up her sleeves to get the job done. The successful candidate should thrive in start-up culture, and be excited about joining a small, agile, and growing team that is working on a challenging and ambitious mission. While she will be a team of one to start, she should have experience hiring and leading small marketing teams.
About the responsibilities
- Lead marketing, with an emphasis on product marketing, for immunai
- Define and characterize markets for immunai’s core product offering
- Help define and articulate the value proposition of immunai’s products for internal and external use
- Drive research to understand the VoC, for both subsequent product roadmap decisions and to support business development
- Manage corporate communications, including PR, any digital marketing campaigns, and the company’s social media strategy & execution
- Work with the executive management team to manage the overall brand strategy
- Report to the Chief Business Officer
- You have a deep understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, and have 5+ years of experience in marketing roles of increasing responsibility
- You have a Masters or PhD in a biology or medicine, preferably immunology, oncology, or genetics focused, with an understanding of the science behind modern oncology therapeutics
- You have either an MBA or operational and strategic experience from organizations such as life sciences-oriented consulting firms or healthcare technology companies
- You have a track record of success in launching new products in biotech
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- You are customer-obsessed, proactive, creative, and scrappy in finding ways to deliver
- You have the agility and high EQ to develop relationships with Immunai’s cross-functional teams spanning science, engineering, product and business
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You thrive in a start-up mindset - you are proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and are eager to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Sr. Manager or Director
- Information Technology & Services
Anywhere in the US, NYC or SF preferred