Computational Biology Researcher
Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to develop improved drugs and therapeutics.
Immunai was founded in December 2018. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, genomics technologists, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and operators singularly focused on solving an audacious challenge. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions in order to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases. The company noted that the immune system consists of trillions of cells that are divided into different cell types that perform different functions. Because of the complexity of the system, it can be difficult to determine how drugs will interact with the immune cells. This increased understanding can be used to boost clinical response to different cellular therapies.
Immunai’s mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge. We developed the tools and knowhow to help every immuno-oncology and cell therapy researcher excel at their job. This helps increase the speed in which drugs are developed and brought to market by elucidating their mechanisms of action and resistance.
Location - Tel-Aviv, Israel
For details - www.immunai.com
Reports to - Head of Computational Biology
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of biologists, immunologists, computational biologists, software engineers and ML specialists, aiming to harness single-cell technologists to improve immune-based therapeutics.
- Lead client-facing as well as internal research projects from the computational biology angle - owning data handling, analysis, visualization and presentation in close collaboration with other team members.
- Contribute to development of algorithms and pipelines for the analysis of multi-omic single-cell data.
- Contribute to the evaluation of internal and external tools, algorithms and technologies.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvements of existing tools and pipelines.
- MSc / PhD in computational biology or computer science- MUST
- Comfortable with developing and testing data analysis code (R or Python's pandas)- MUST
- Experience in large scale data handling (experience with omics data is a strong advantage)- MUST
- Keen interest in biology (knowledge in immunology is a strong advantage)- MUST
4.0 Desired personal traits:
- You want to make an impact on humankind
- You prioritize “We” over “I”
- You enjoy getting things done - with super high quality
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You have superior skills and experience, and constantly strive to be world-class in what you do
- You constantly challenge your own assumptions, pushing for continuous improvement
- You have a growth mindset
- You take pride in owning crucial tasks and successfully executing them
- No problem is not your problem
- You make decisions that favor the company, not yourself or your team
- You strive for excellence, but accept other people’s mistakes and failures
- You are candid, authentic and transparent
- You are tenacious and optimistic