Lead Cell Therapy Scientist
Immunai is a fast-paced, innovative startup operating at the intersection of immunology, single cell genomics and artificial intelligence. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, computer scientists, engineers, and operators focused on decoding the immune system to improve health. We are seeking a talented, self-directed individual to join our team as a Lead Cell Therapy Scientist
The Lead Cell Therapy Scientist will drive the planning and execution experiments focused on the development of cell therapy against cancer. The position requires expertise in T-cell culturing and engineering. Responsibilities include performing molecular cloning, cell culturing, cell engineering, and validation assays. CAR-T experience is a plus.
- Lead the development of cell therapy programs at Immunai
- Lead in the planning, design and execution of experiments
- Perform molecular cloning
- Maintain T-cells in vitro
- Engineer T-cells with viral transduction and/or electroporation, likely using CRISPR
- Establish and perform in vitro assays to assess engineered T-cell function
- Experience with in vivo measurements of engineered T-cell efficacy and function in the context of cancer.
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental data
- Maintain detailed records of experiments
- PhD. in biological sciences
- Background in immunology is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in mammalian cells culturing and cell engineering
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques
- Experience using CRISPR to engineer T-cells
- 2+ years experience with T-cells culturing and engineering (transduction and electroporation)
- CAR-T or adoptive cell therapy experience
- Experience establishing in vitro assays for cell therapy development.
- Publication record demonstrating exceptional ability in scientific research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute experiments
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment, both independently as well as be willing to help others