Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence to improve human well-being. Our mission is to reduce diagnostic errors early in the patient experience while making care more affordable and accessible. We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is composed of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team consists of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at world-class organizations.
Imagen is a Series C company that was founded in 2015 and has raised $135M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ).
We're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to drive the research and development of our AI products. You will join a team of smart, passionate, and pragmatic engineers, scientists, and physicians. Our ideal teammate is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment.
- Own the R&D of large AI projects for medical imaging end-to-end, from dataset design and rapid prototyping to clinical testing and real-world deployment.
- Lead technical projects and mentor junior engineers. Ideally, you'll be able to step into a management role within 12 months of joining.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to build a vision for the future of Imagen's technology. You will contribute key insights on the applicability and feasibility of AI solutions for a variety of problems across the healthcare system.
- Assist in translating your R&D into validated software medical devices cleared by the FDA
- Prioritize safety, efficacy, and time-to-impact. We're looking for a pragmatist, someone who knows when novel solutions are needed and when existing methods suffice.
- Mission driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Significant experience in real-world applications of deep learning. You can rapidly prototype and evaluate end-to-end deep learning solutions. You don't need to be an expert in healthcare, but it's important to have an understanding of the nuances and tradeoffs involved in bringing AI into high-impact settings.
- Strong communication skills. You will be working with an interdisciplinary team and presenting to external parties, so our ideal candidate is able to distill and articulate complex technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ years of industry experience.
This role is remote or may be based in New York, NY
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.