Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at world-class organizations.
We were founded in 2015 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software engineers in services and infrastructure to enable more accurate and broader access to diagnostic care. Our ideal leader is seen as a role model by the team and spends a significant portion of time mentoring, coaching, and helping the team reach their goals.
This role is a great fit for someone with several years of hands-on software engineering management experience having delivered meaningful products. We want a new teammate who will reflect on the year and get a strong sense of accomplishment from coaching the team towards growth and better delivery.
- Guide the team to excel at owning their product area--everything from vision and planning to execution and delivery.
- Own and champion improvements to our software development processes ensuring patient safety and the creation of high-quality software.
- Be a hiring and people manager, responsible for building out the team, onboarding, performance management, coaching, and mentorship. Mentorship is incredibly important for this role.
- Partner with product managers, research scientists, and our medical team to understand needs and ensure they are accounted for in technical decisions.
- Hands-on technical contribution, focused on creating leverage for your team.
- Mission-driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Ability to navigate and communicate conflicting stakeholder needs and short- and long-term trade-offs.
- Good judgement and bias toward backing opinions with data.
- 6+ years professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments.
- Demonstrate fluency in a modern programming language and systems concepts.
- Management of three or more direct reports.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience.
This role is based in New York, NY.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.