Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software engineers in building AI-based diagnostic products with superhuman accuracy. Our ideal leader is seen as a role model by the team and spends a significant portion of time mentoring, coaching, and helping the team reach their goals.
This role is a great fit for someone with several years of hands-on software engineering management experience having delivered meaningful products. We want a new teammate who will reflect on the year and get a strong sense of accomplishment from coaching the team towards growth and better delivery.
- Guide the team to excel at owning their product area--everything from vision and planning to execution and delivery.
- Own and champion improvements to our software development processes ensuring patient safety and the creation of high-quality software.
- Be a hiring and people manager, responsible for building out the team, onboarding, performance management, coaching, and mentorship. Mentorship is incredibly important for this role.
- Partner with product managers, research scientists, and our medical team to understand needs and ensure they are accounted for in technical decisions.
- Hands-on technical contribution, focused on creating leverage for your team.
- Mission-driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Ability to navigate and communicate conflicting stakeholder needs and short- and long-term trade-offs.
- Good judgement and bias toward backing opinions with data.
- 6+ years professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments.
- Demonstrate fluency in a modern programming language and systems concepts.
- Management of three or more direct reports.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience.
Note: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from the State of Colorado.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.