Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We're looking for our next software engineer to build novel web products, large and complex data pipelines, and machine learning infrastructure that serve as the foundation for our AI efforts. Our products enable super-human diagnostic accuracy and are built with clean software practices. Our ideal candidate is curious, highly technical, and thrives in a dynamic team environment.
- Be curious and learn the space. Here, that's developing an understanding of modern machine learning, radiology, and medical diagnostics.
- Take ownership. Help us figure out what we should be building and how to build it right.
- Deliver high-quality work. Our teams work on a variety of products, including web experiences for doctors to enable new types of AI modelling, automated data pipelines to power training of ML models (~10^8 images, petabytes of data), and first-of-kind medical devices to reduce misdiagnoses.
- Mission-driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes
- Pragmatic and comfortable stretching outside their role
- 3+ years professional experience building and running software in a team setting
- Good judgment, and a sharp thinking cap
This role is based in New York, NY.