Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.
Imagendary Studios is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior or Lead Technical Artist to join our core team to help develop high quality AAA games and cinematic animations. You will support the various artistic departments such as animation, rigging, modeling and simulation, while collaborating to create and innovate on pipeline workflow improvements, build graphical features, evaluate software, provide front-line art support, and generally facilitate the creation of next generation AAA quality visuals.
- Create animator-friendly rigs for a wide variety of characters, weapons and props.
- Authoring skinning and deformation.
- Build tools for characters artists and animators to facilitate character creation.
- Author animation graphs to bring characters to life in game.
- Guide the process of character creation from a technical perspective.
- Identify, prioritize, and complete tasks related to character technical art.
- Work with production to prioritize tasks and develop workflows.
- Use your extensive expertise as a tech artist to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in AAA games as a Technical Artist.
- Strong knowledge of creating production-ready rigs for 3D games.
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology.
- High proficiency in character skinning, physics, and technical workflows.
- Tool development experience and pipeline design.
- Proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in real-time engines (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.).
- Experience in pre-render rendering engines (Renderman, Arnold, Vray, Redshift, Octane, etc.).
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development, VFX/Film or animation production.
- Experience programming in Python, C++, C#, MEL, or other programming languages.
- Art skills, such as animation or modeling.
- Familiarity with in-game simulation, such as for ragdoll, cloth, or hair.
- Understanding the game and animation development process.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. Imagendary has 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. It is our goal to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!