Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.
Imagendary Studios is seeking a talented, experienced, and collaborative Senior Software Engineer to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animations. The ideal candidate will maintain the Unreal Engine pipeline working closely with our artists and designers for developing game/film programs, implementing end-to-end features, and delivering high quality content to our game players and audiences.
- Collaborate with a small close-knit team to develop, prototype and maintain major game systems and engine architecture using the Unreal Engine emphasizing correctness, performance, and extensibility in areas such as gameplay, character behavior, effects, VFX, sound, camera behavior, animation and implement polished gameplay experiences.
- Develop custom pipeline applications, APIs, and tools using Blueprint and C++ while maintaining clean, correct, organized, efficient, and well-tested code.
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation.
- Analyze and optimize systems as required.
- Identify opportunities for improving our general or application workflows, and implement these changes.
- Debug and fix crashes, concurrency issues, and platform-specific problems.
- Grasp the complexity of project planning and implementation, including scope of work, time estimation and resource allocation.
- Develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies to produce a state-of-the-art game experience.
- Use your extensive expertise in game development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine development.
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills, including performance analysis and code optimization. Competence in writing solid, reliable and efficient code.
- 4+ years of game programming experience in AAA game development.
- Proficiency in most of the following areas: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. Imagendary has 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. It is our goal to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!