Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Environment Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for technical parts of the environment-side pipeline, and work closely with other designers and artists to bring life to game worlds and environment by creating efficient procedural solutions that are scalable and automatable.
- Develop tools, scripts, and plugins to create best in class workflows and processes for environment and world creation.
- Provide and create solutions to enable procedural generation of environment that can be artists-controlled.
- Support art teams including environment and props.
- Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
- Have a good understanding of the PBR pipeline and workflows.
- Experienced working with the Megascan assets in environment creations.
- Research and develop forward thinking technologies and tools.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on Environment.
- Expert Maya technical knowledge.
- Strong Python scripting and Maya Python API skills.
- Strong experience in using Unreal Engineer.
- Familiar with existing technical standards within the environment tech art space.
- Proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Experience programming in Python, C++, C#, MEL, or other programming languages.
- Art skills, such as animation or modeling.
- Familiarity with combat, environment, and character design workflows.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. Imagendary has 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. It is our goal to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!