Who We Are
At The Rootist, we believe there is beauty in biology. That the hair, scalp, and roots should be treated as one connected ecosystem. We believe in driving changes that improve the care of both people and the planet. We believe ingredients and packaging should be chosen with great care, for the purposes of safety, efficacy, & sustainability.
The Rootist is looking for a passionate, creative, hardworking marketing coordinator to join our growing team as the Social Media Specialist. This team member will be responsible for posting, maintaining, and scheduling social media posts and content across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the beauty industry and their finger on the pulse of all things social and influencer, as well as an interest in creating content, trend forecasting, community management, and social listening.
- Manage day to day scheduling, posting, and organization of brand social platforms.
- Partner with the copywriting team to write brand captions for social platforms, staying true to our brand voice and tapping into social trends and our community to create engaging and informative posts.
- Community Management: Build a loyal following of consumers through authentic community management, including communication, gathering feedback, educating and sharing, and listening and learning.
- Focus on social listening and reporting learnings, trends, and feedback to the team.
- Stay on top of trends as they relate to social content, brand and product launches, and influencer culture.
- Support social and influencer team with influencer campaigns, including but not limited to influencer mailings, event execution, development of materials and content.
- Create content for brand owned channels, often serving as a “face” of the brand
- In-office organization and team support such as mailing product/gifts to influencer partners and retailers and meeting prep.
Who You Are
- A passionate, curious, and creative person with a deep interest in beauty trends and social media.
- A storyteller. Whether you are talking about a brand, product, or selling in a strategic initiative, you can weave together a cohesive and clear story that your audience understands.
- A comfortable content creator. Whether it’s your personal life or professional, you love consuming content and making it yourself! You don’t mind having your own face on social.
- A bit art and a bit science. In this role, you’ll learn how to blend analytical data with creative gut instincts to disrupt industry norms and think outside the box.
- A team player who brings positive energy to everything you do.
- An advocate for the brand both internally and externally. You’ll work cross-functionally with many teams and externally with agency partners and retail partners, always as a trusted and inspirational voice of the brand.
- Willing to dig in and get your hands dirty. We run lean and nimble, and everyone on the team reaches high into strategy and low into execution.
- Passionate about sustainability. Always asking ‘why’ and questioning the status quo in areas where we can be more sustainable as a brand.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience with a focus on social and influencer marketing.
- Experience using tools and platforms designed for social scheduling and posting.
- Experience assisting in the execution of influencer campaigns.
- Experience in beauty industry or fashion industry, with experience in hair category a bonus.
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Competitive 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Company Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Daily subsidized meals onsite
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
iLABS (Innovation Labs) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.