Role: Medical Group Account Director
Working in partnership with our client, the Medical Group Account Director (GAD) is the primary account lead, overseeing work on multiple projects and providing senior direction and guidance to junior team members ensuring content is strategically on-point and delivered efficiently and accurately. Under the supervision of the EMEA Managing Partner, the Group Account Director (GAD) is responsible for successfully delivering high-quality work that meets or exceeds client expectations, within budget and timescales.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
Reporting to the Managing Partner the Group Account Director (GAD) leads a small but growing medical advertising team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Oversee all roles and ensure responsibilities are clearly defined at the start of the project, and that this information is relayed to all members of the project team and the client.
- Calm and organised with an ability to quickly prioritise and step-in to manage client expectations where needed
- Have keen eye for new business opportunities and encourage the involvement of wider team members to increase revenue on client projects
- Oversee team meetings and discussions, to ensure that client business needs are optimally addressed
- Support if problems arise in project planning and internal set-up
- Understands client brand/s, the market environment and marketing strategy ensuring strategic focus of all materials and programs delivered by reviewing their content vs. the brief to ensure that the client’s needs are being met
- Adds value to all client requests and drives innovative thinking and creativity
- Leads strong relationships among key internal departments and counterparts to facilitate the smooth progress of client projects
- Manages any internal issues to ensure the smooth delivery of a project
- Keep abreast of external issues/events/changes in the external environment, and regularly review their impact upon projects and client objectives
- Ensure team understanding of client corporate values and personality profiles of individual clients
- Liaise appropriately with all relevant departments, providing information that may assist them in their day-to-day work
- Leads proactive campaigns to sell in new ideas and innovation
- Manages month reporting and quarterly business reviews
- Liaises with wider IIG/Oliver Team providing Medical Communications experience to grow capability within the agency and problem solves internal issues
- Manages all recruitment and ensures Team has the right skill set to success in a busy environment
- Fully understands agency model, finances and processes with ability to forecast and manage team P&L
- Enforces implementation of all processes and ensures that the team understands their individual responsibility of internal project management tools, quality standards, version control, deadlines and what that means within the wider agency model
- Supports the team in their regular client contact. Steps-in where needed to manage larger more complex/strategic projects
- Oversees project planning, prioritisation and internal briefings. Ensures accurate weekly resource requests are made and submitted in a timely fashion
- Leads on the development of annual client budgets / team structures. Manages the ongoing scope for the year to ensure that creep is kept to a minimum. Manages client estimates and billing on internal systems
- Proactively asks questions and problem solves with creative and production departments to ensure smooth progress on all client projects
- Leads the assessment of creative offering relevant, insightful feedback and helps to develop the best possible content
- Manages resourcing issues both internally and externally and provides a solution to minimise disruption to project timelines
- Checks copy, layout, and artwork meticulously against brief and relevant codes of practice (PAGB, ABPI etc.)
- Ensures server folders are kept up to date and well-organised by the wider team with version control always followed
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently with excellent prioritisation skills
- Strong digital and print production experience – has a good understanding of how to plan, develop and manage both print and digital projects
- Knowledge and understanding of digital and print production processes and requirements
- Develop understanding of new therapeutic areas quickly and comprehensively
- Keep up to date with industry codes of practice/ changes needed for ongoing projects with the relevant team lead at the earliest opportunity
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Exemplify company values and behaviours
- Ability to create original, impactful, and engaging work for digital and print campaigns
- Well-organised and able to plan work effectively
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative, with a can-do attitude and keenness to learn on the job
- Energetic and hard-working, with a professional and mature attitude and demeanour
- An excellent team player: collaborative and adept at building relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Developing presentation skills
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and balance several priorities, pressures and demands
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage workloads and multiple projects effectively
- Experience in healthcare advertising sector / medical communications.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Account Management related to:
- Motion Graphics
- Web Design
Job Id: 4212
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Many companies talk about having a unique and thriving business model, but the Inside Ideas Group truly does. This means that we have been named in the top 500 of the Financial Times fastest-growing companies in Europe 2018!
What IIG does is provide clients with dedicated, on-site agencies that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client’s organisation. Delivering precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by brand talent from our whole business on everything from planning to execution
This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in!
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All suitable applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.