The Director of EH&S and Security will be responsible for partnering with management to execute company EHS and Security policies and ensure compliance to all applicable federal, state and local regulations. This role will also be responsible for the planning and execution of all training programs in warehouse and office locations and must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risk in our processes to ensure a safe and secure working environment for our team members. The Director of EHS and Security must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages. This position will identify and eliminate sources of theft through data analysis, comprehensive process knowledge, and investigative techniques. The position will effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection through design of physical infrastructure and processes in iHerb locations. This position will supervise the safety and security staff and will partner with cross functional teams.
- Oversee safety and security for iHerb and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial vehicles and company policies and procedures.
- Leads safety and security team in audits of facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Implement and assess hazard control methods, safety procedures and accountability programs.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claims Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner.
- Provide assistance in all emergency situations.
- Develop a method to determine and prove all required training is effective.
- Oversee applicable reporting to management.
- Lead all efforts for safety and security communication and awareness,
- Coordinate with staff regarding materials and evidence for use in hearings, litigation, and insurance claim cases.
- Negotiate with vendors for best price and service.
- Oversee emergency response drills at all locations.
- Oversee safety incentive and recognition programs.
- Assures understanding of business goals in order to recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements.
- Work closely with IT on security programs/initiatives.
- Directs all aspects of surveillance systems and partners on investigations.
- Possess a working knowledge of access control systems including data entry and badge printing
- Oversee safety and security team with regard to contract Security Officers and ensure that they are performing.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- The ability to manage complex data streams to identify meaningful, actionable trends
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - oriented on results
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Maintain good working relationship with all iHerb departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; strong presentation skills for training required.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership skills
- Previous experience in access control systems preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and Google functions
- Proficient computer skills.
- Workday experience a plus
Generally requires minimum of ten (10) years safety, risk management and security experience, preferably in a distribution/ecommerce environment. Minimum seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety Environment and Health, Security, Loss Prevention or related field preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
The anticipated pay scale for this position can be found below, however the pay range applicable to you may vary by geographic location based on where the job is located or where you work. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, etc. iHerb, LLC is a multi-state employer and this pay scale may not reflect positions that work in other states or locations.
Employees (and their families) that meet eligibility criteria as outlined in applicable plan documents are eligible to participate in our medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance programs and may enroll in our company’s 401(k) plan. Employees will also be eligible for Time Off and Paid Sick Leave pursuant to the company’s policies. Employees will enjoy paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Eligibility requirements for these benefits will be controlled by applicable plan documents.
Hired applicant may be awarded Restrict Stock Units and receive annual bonuses pursuant to eligibility and performance criteria defined in the respective plan documents and policies.
For more information on iHerb benefits, visit us at iHerbBenefits.com.
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.