The Director of Strategic Finance will be responsible for developing and directing the strategic planning process of the organization. This role will collaborate with senior executives and business partners to develop long-range strategic goals and the tools necessary to achieve those goals, including action plans, milestones, key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress, SWOT analysis and remediation plans when necessary. This position will also evaluate new business opportunities and act as a strategic partner to assess and support key operational projects. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance.
You can expect to define and guide the team to drive detailed analyses to derive insights that will support key business decisions. You’ll focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have an investment banking or corporate strategy background in a retail ecommerce setting paired with experience at scaling businesses, strong quantitative and analytical skills, along with experience or interest in running efficient, cross-functional processes.
- Responsible for driving the 5-year long range planning process in partnership with the FP&A and PMO teams, working cross-functionally to identify, scope and monitor innovative growth opportunities and initiatives.
- Evaluate new business opportunities, develop data-driven investment models, business cases, and evaluation criteria for growth and efficiency oriented initiatives.
- Support acquisition target evaluation, due diligence and integration.
- Keep the Senior Director of Finance informed regarding business performance, risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with the FP&A team in creating operational KPIs that tie to the financial budget and goals.
- Support the PMO and senior executives in preparing and challenging key operational projects.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Support department heads and business owners with financial analysis and business decisions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Investor Relations in messaging with investors and equity analysts, competitors analysis and market research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Blend of business strategy and data savvy.
- A big-picture vision and the ability to translate it into action plans to drive operational changes.
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, wholesale industries preferred.
- Knowledge of end-to-end corporate development activities and demonstrated ability to facilitate complex and time-sensitive decisions.
- Experience in leading and crafting executive updates and presentations at the most senior levels of a company.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Establish and track success metrics/KPIs that demonstrate the overall health of a project portfolio.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience hiring, training, mentoring and managing a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence and/or strategy.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA strongly preferred.
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.