**Hybrid Role Local to Los Angeles/Orange Counties and surrounding areas**
Senior Product Manager - Communications (Digital Experience)
The Senior Product Manager will participate in the creation of new products and features for our global E-Commerce systems. You’ll be responsible for defining an innovative product strategy and vision for systems that are used by iHerb’s international customer community. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding the customer and building products that address complex e-commerce challenges on a global scale, while leading and developing a team.
- Provide support and analyze E-Commerce systems and make recommendations and proposals for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Delivers in a short period with little guidance and ambiguity relative to work complexity
- Embraces an agile mindset and keeps a positive solutions based outlook when facing opposition, change, or the need to be “flexible”
- Consistently delivers work defect free with only occasional edge case bugs. Passes code reviews consistently with no rework and no issues in design.
- Able to resolve complex bugs and complete complex projects with technical guidance
- Clearly communicates project status and technical concepts with others
- Provides regular updates and estimated time of completion
- Lead projects and manage requirements development, functional design, end user training, and support
- Coordinate and/or deliver end-user training as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations on Technology and Marketing solutions to address business needs.
- Develop communications strategy and roadmap for each business function.
- Provide leadership on Product Management processes and practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience or understanding of Business processes for Retail and Wholesale industries desired but NOT required
- Experience in leading Business Analysis, Business Process Design and Application Development (SDLC).
- Understands JSON and HTML concepts
- Experience with managing SMS/Email/Push as a marketing channel
- Experience completing Buy vs. Build analysis
- Experience managing vendor relationships and budget negotiations
- Experience working with API’s and associated architecture
- Identify market opportunities and complete competitive analysis
- Experience developing product strategy with a strong aptitude for determining optimal market positioning
- Experience working with or on a “growth” team
- Experience with managing CRM and associated Technologies
- Understand customer needs (internal and external), gather details for initiatives and document supporting business cases
- Experience with managing a moderately complex product portfolio
- Can establish and track KPIs that demonstrate the overall health of a product portfolio
- Has lead the development and launch of moderately complex products
- Has an understanding of development technologies and distributed web-based systems
- Working knowledge of at least two or more functional areas such as product management, CRM, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing
- Experience managing direct reports
Generally requires 5-7 years of leading, managing & coaching teams in an E-commerce setting
Bachelor’s Degree required. A Computer Science degree is highly preferred.
Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- A professional, yet casual work environment
- Office environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Job Description Acknowledgement:
I have received a copy of my job description for my current position. The job description describes duties and responsibilities which apply to me. I agree to read the job description and understand it may be amended as company conditions or requirements necessitate. In that case, changes will be communicated to me.
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.