The Buyer is responsible for selecting, negotiating, procuring, strategically pricing, promoting and developing brands/products in assigned categories. This role is the second step in the buying progression (after Junior Buyer) and is responsible for mid-large volume brands. In addition, the Buyer may also be responsible for hiring, directing, developing, mentoring and overseeing activities of Jr. Buyers.
- Work closely with Category Manager and Sr. Buyer to ensure all are aligned on business strategies, short and long-term growth objectives
- Directly responsible for key category metrics (KPI’s) for the following: new and existing brands, new products, pricing, gross margin, promotions, and product life cycle
- Negotiate with vendors to secure exceptional everyday pricing, promotional dollars, special opportunity buys, rebates, growth incentives, delivery and payment terms
- Administer and manage RFQ packages, execution of contracts, product evaluation, quality issues; create and maintain supplier, product database
- Drive new product/brand onboarding process to ensure timely and quick addition to market
- Build, edit and maintain assortment to create market advantage while reflecting customer needs/requests
- Calculate, maintain and approve critical cost and pricing changes in system to ensure desired mark-ups, margin
- Manage and develop strong vendor relations through regular and consistent communication to ensure a clear understanding of short/long-term goals and capabilities Coordinate with Planning Team and Replenishment Buyers in managing inventory turns, service level, order cycles, deal implementation and general supply chain practices
- Create, review and utilize reports to enable in-depth analysis of category successes/challenges
- Develop promotional co-op activities that are profitable and highly effective in conjunction with Marketing
- Solve and respond to customer concerns from Customer Service team
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful and proven negotiating skills
- Strong analytical, data management and decision making abilities
- Strong mathematical skills with understanding of retail pricing concepts
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with strong project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve and prioritize with awareness of deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred WMS, EDI, SAP, Tableau experience a plus
Generally, requires a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in buying or directly related role with equivalent responsibilities, preferably in an e-commerce environment with natural products experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.