Since 1996, iHerb has continued its mission to provide a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 35,000 online products to its customers in over 150 countries. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to help grow our business in Japan. In this role, the Marketing Manager will provide Japan market specific knowledge and e-commerce industry expertise to drive customer acquisition growth, increase brand awareness and improve customer engagement. An ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy. This is an amazing opportunity to become the face of iHerb’s business in Japan and to be directly responsible for the growth of one of iHerb’s highest revenue-generating markets.
- Develop a deep understanding of what resonates with customers in Japan and design appropriate communication journeys to drive brand awareness in Japan
- Enhance existing marketing strategy and test different channels to design optimal media mix
- Work with external agencies to manage social media, influencer, and PR content and performance
- Lead partnership development activities to drive customer and sales growth in Japan; marketing partnerships across payment, financial services, affiliates, influencers and other platforms.
- Identify and assess strategic business opportunities and partnerships through ongoing research of consumer behavior, industry trends and emerging technology.
- Management of partner relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop various marketing promotions and events by leveraging partner relationships
- Together with Senior Marketing Manager, Japan, serve as main point of contact during partnership deal negotiations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 8+ years of overall digital marketing and partnership experience.
- Strong understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive landscape in the Japanese market.
- Strong understanding of Japanese online shoppers’ demand and behavior.
- Strong partner engagement skills with the ability to develop relationships, and magnify existing partner channels
- Comfortable with analyzing data and crafting a narrative based on data
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate appropriate information to relevant partners and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Marketing agency management experience required
- Experience in working with international companies and global brands required
- Strong leadership behavior, sound judgment, great decision making capabilities, problem solving skills.
- Fluency (verbal and written) in Japanese and English language
- This will report directly to a Senior Manager based in the US
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.