The Senior Counsel - Commercial will provide support to the General Counsel on major legal initiatives for the company as well as assist in providing legal oversight on the day to day operations of the organization in areas such as compliance, contract review, intellectual property
- Assist General Counsel in overseeing legal matters related to the day to day business of the company
- Work on domestic and international matters and litigation
- Collaborate with key company stakeholders in relation to legal matters
- Oversee intellectual property portfolio including prosecutions, litigation, and administrative matters
- Provide strategic legal guidance to various departments in the company.
- Research/analyze industry-specific regulations to assist in implementation of compliance measures
- Assist in evaluating the business impact of legislative, regulatory, and legal developments
- Participate in the development of the company’s policies and procedures
- Negotiate and review contracts for the Company and its affiliates, including manufacturing agreements, purchasing contracts, logistics contracts, NDAs, and marketing services agreements
- Support the management and operations teams with ongoing and special initiatives
- Assist General Counsel in relation to international expansion matters and special projects as needed
- Work with General Counsel to provide risk mitigation strategies to the Executive Team
- Management of associate counsel and paralegal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California
- Experience in legal/compliance matters highly skilled negotiator and team player
- Experienced in contract drafting and negotiating
- Experience in intellectual property matters
- Litigation and regulatory experience both domestically and internationally
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and complete transactions quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently on projects, meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple matters
- Ability to manage others with a team-oriented approach
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
- Strong team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally requires a minimum of ten (10) plus years of proven legal experience, in both law firms and in-house settings. Experience with e-commerce retail, technology, and logistics industries is highly preferred.
JD from an accredited law school.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.