Reporting to Manager, Logistics Projects, the Senior Project Specialist will provide guidance for Junior Logistics Specialists to manage and execute multiple time-sensitive projects to meet business objectives of the iHerb Logistics teams. In addition to problem solving and coordination with stakeholders, the Senior Project Specialist is also responsible for providing guidance for project specialists through issues and logjams in projects. iHerb Senior Logistics Project Specialist will liaise with management on defining project scope, goals, and deliverables and executing defined projects. This position requires strong analytical skills, technical integration experience and communication skills with advanced Excel knowledge for data analytics.
- The Senior Project Specialist manages projects from design through implementation that support growth and operational improvements for the company.
- Demonstrate leadership quality to self-identify enhancement opportunities and new strategies for project implementation.
- Follow through the complete processes for the development of projects and collaborate with applicable stakeholders.
- Identify, drive and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows.
- Perform day-to-day management of project development activities; prioritize, resolve issues and discrepancies as they surface.
- Identify resource requirements and level of effort with internal departments and/or external vendors to implement a given project.
- Plan and schedule the project activities.
- Ensure that projects meet deadlines and escalation of issues which may impact successful implementation.
- Conduct data collection and analysis before, during, and after project completion.
- Train junior and project specialists to manage ongoing operations of implemented solutions when necessary.
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and improve our business process.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in project/work management tools such as MS Project, Smartsheet, Confluence, Asana and JIRA
- Experience with leading business transformations & integrations, multiple, cross-functional global projects.
- Experience with API and SFTP based integrations.
- Experience with JSON data format.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent coaching and leading skills
- Ability to collect, analyze and report on data needed for required projects
- Detail oriented: attention to accuracy in this role is vital
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to achieve intended results; use analytical thinking/techniques to solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment
- Good understanding of how various areas integrate within the organization to achieve the business objectives
- Ability to self-motivate, work as a team player, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable presenting information to individuals at multiple levels in and outside of iHerb
- Must be able to make evaluative judgments based on the analysis of information
- Identifies potential solutions through the application of technical experience
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (e.g., Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms. etc.) preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Project management best practices and processes
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT or a related field is preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For our international team members, you may be eligible for similar benefits depending on the country where you are employed. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. Please discuss the specific benefits for which you may be eligible with your local HR representative/recruiter.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.