The Senior Data Engineer - Data Platform - Remote US - will be passionate about all things data, loading large datasets, faster and utilizing the latest cloud technology to do so. The Senior Data Engineer will be intimately familiar with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform as well as other global cloud service providers. This candidate should have strong experience with large ETL projects, evidence of experience with cloud/modern ELT architecture, Data Lake and more.
- Familiar with Data Virtualization Technology
- Build robust, scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Integration Services, Python, Spark, many others.
- Work directly with business teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technology
- Knowledge of Master Data Management specific to ETL processes.
- Improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes through automation, scale and best practice
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, as well as other technology
- Passion for data in all shapes and forms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SQL Database and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift, Spark, Kafka, batch and Streaming data, Timeseries
- Understanding of ETL, ELT, Informatica, AWS Glue, Google Cloud Dataprep,Trifacta and other tools as use case dictates.
- Attending daily sprint meetings
- Working closely with PM and other upstream source system teams to address production issues
- Understanding of eCommerce, global scale networks and cloud architecture
- 7-10+ years of Data Platform expertise
- Some form of formal education (boot camp) in Computer Science, Software Development, Database or related technologies
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly preferred.
iHerb is a leading global eCommerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.