The Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting and Technical accounting will be responsible for assisting the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting with financial reporting and analysis, including but not limited to internal and external reporting, consolidation analyses, accounting research and other special projects. This position will work closely with the finance team during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close cycles in the preparation of SEC filings related disclosures and other analyses. In addition, this role will assist in accounting research and drafting of technical memos. This person must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable with dealing with all levels of management.
- Prepare SEC filings (Forms 10-Q and 10-K) note disclosures and tie-out binders with supporting documentation.
- Draft earning releases and call scripts.
- Manage the SEC reporting XBRL process from beginning to end and work with the 3rd party vendor accordingly.
- Research pertinent FASB and SEC guidance related to complex accounting matters while ensuring timely and accurate resolution. Assist with the preparation of technical accounting papers, policies and procedures and assist with research on new accounting pronouncements.
- Manage review comments on draft SEC reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K) and work with external auditors accordingly to ensure all SEC review comments are addressed.
- Must be able to work with both internal and external SEC counsel to ensure the Forms 10-Q and 10-K are compliant with SEC regulations.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley controls are being properly performed within the department, and assist with periodic SOX testing/reporting requirements facilitated by internal audit/external auditors.
- Responsible for managing the transaction support process and ensuring that all material and corporate transactions are being properly accounted and disclosed, working with various departments including but not limited to Tax, Accounting, FP&A and others to facilitate completion.
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong accounting skills and experience
- Strong data management, analysis and analytical skills with the ability to produce ad-hoc or standardized reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including exceptional presentation delivery
- Team player and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated, and with the ability to properly prioritize and manage time
- Expert level knowledge in all MS Office applications, particularly in Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables, VLOOKUP and high-level functions and formulas
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Solid proficiencies utilizing or understanding of large ERP and large accounting software (i.e., Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Experience or knowledge with XBRL
- Experience with Workiva
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of accounting experience with a combined corporate and public accounting experience. SEC reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA/BBA) in Accounting preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent
- CPA or CPA equivalent
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.