The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for contributing to the reporting and analytics framework of iHerb. This critical role will interact with different business units directly to understand reporting needs and works to deliver reporting, dashboards and analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst will create very detailed dashboards for managers and also create high-level dashboards for senior executives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to obtain information for ad hoc/routine reporting and analysis needs. Consider needs and ask incisive questions to uncover requirements
- Develop dashboards that provide a clear view of the business by visually translating complex data into actionable insights
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis that provides meaningful insights and synthesized recommendations to support informed decision-making
- Communicate data related information succinctly and effectively that is geared to the intended audience for maximum benefit
- Monitor published information regularly and follow-up timely when corrections are necessary to ensure reporting accuracy and integrity at all times
- Work in unison with Strategic Finance to define data and develop data architecture for the purpose of producing reports efficiently and accurately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands accrual-based accounting. Able to read and understand financial statements.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards utilizing visualization tools
- Ability to perform analysis with data supported conclusions
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet tight dead-lines
- A proponent of developing a data-driven culture and supporting other team members
- Ability to Travel (Local) – At least one day a week to other location
- Understands principles of GAAP accounting and performing reconciliations
- Understands data architecture within relational database environment
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Extract, cleanse and validate data using SQL
- Proficient in writing SQL script, reducing run-time
- Knowledge of using ETL tools, SSIS, Alteryx
- Experience developing dashboards and reports, Tableau, SSRS
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) plus years of "hybrid" experience combining IT, systems, finance and inventory.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. MBA and/or CPA a plus. CBAP designation a plus.
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.