The Senior Data Platform Service Manager will manage a team of data professionals tasked with keeping an e-commerce and supply chain ecosystem online 24/7 with challenging SLAs on a global scale in public clouds. Managing cutting edge technologies and the professionals that deploy and support them this role ensures the timely delivery of resources, project planning and managing outages, war rooms and more.
- Manage a team of Data Platform professionals, including but not limited to hiring, training, performance management, career pathing and mentoring
- Fiscal Responsibility: general T&E management, Cloud cost and optimization targets, & maintain optimal Service Level Agreement metrics, root cause analysis and meeting RPO/RTO requirements at all times in the 24/7 five-nine uptime environment
- Collaboration: with application development, DevOps, Business Intelligence, Network Operations Center, Offshore resources, Application support, as well as project teams to identify digital strategies and solutions that will best meet client’s needs
- Work with other technical leadership in building out robust disaster recovery and HA strategies
- Work with other data engineering and software engineering teams to design, architect and build the next generation data platform for iHerb
- SME for data sources, schema, architecture, infrastructure and data flow
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Management experience in a Software Development organization preferred
- Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus
- Excel in creating an inclusive environment, possess an open mindset, and the ability to inspire team members
- Maintain a collaborative approach when working across teams, and deliver results under pressure
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
Generally requires seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience operating highly available Microsoft SQL Server clusters at large scale. Experience operating MSSQL in the public cloud such as AWS is preferred. Experience with other relational data stores such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc is a plus. Experience working in PCI and SOX compliant environments is a plus. Experience operating other non-relational datastores such as Mongo, DynamoDB, CockroachDB is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience).
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.