The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for receiving, in-process, and shipping visual inspection verifications to meet or exceed current Good Manufacturing Practices cGMP. The QC must be detail oriented and have the confidence to stand up and object should the product quality be in jeopardy. iHerb is regulated by the Federal Drug Admiration (FDA), the QC Inspector may be and must be able to provide documented evidence of the operations process during an FDA audit.
- Follow all Quality Control and Safety Procedures
- Familiar with Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Perform Receiving Inspections
- Perform In-process Inspections
- Perform Shipping Inspections
- Perform Replenishment Inspections, if applicable
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adheres to cGMP training and guidelines
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide guidance and direction
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Basic English, to communicate for job and safety issues
- Mathematical Skills, Basic Arithmetic, count, add and subtract
- Operations equipment
- Computer (WMS) system
- Cooling temperature charts
- Scales, thermometers
- Basic use of spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.
Generally requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience
High School Diploma or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Frequent assignment change due to business needs
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.