The primary role of the Planner/Buyer is to develop, execute, monitor and manage the demand and supply plan for assigned goods. Tasked with using internal forecast data, historical system data and other inputs and insights to develop demand plans, along with providing purchase execution, guidance and management of supply plans required to support corporate goals and objectives.
- Generate, review and analyze and manage system demand plan, demand history and business inputs to develop executable procurement plan in support of strategic objectives
- Execute strategic procurement plan using demand plan output, inventory and supplier metrics in support of strategic business objectives
- Create and execute purchases and perform purchase order maintenance using ERP system
- Establish, monitor and manage supplier delivery plans to achieve desired service levels, minimize stock-outs, working capital expense and delivery costs
- Support the division’s Sales and Marketing programs and initiatives to ensure adequate inventory is planned and available to support product launch, business initiatives, promotions and events
- Work closely with Data Management team to ensure system integrity of supply chain parameters and settings in support of approved business and working capital objectives
- Provide reporting, KPI updates and metric data related to supply chain indices as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Functional knowledge of planning, forecasting, purchasing execution and supplier relationship management, along with related supply chain areas
- Understanding of the use of technology tools that enable demand and supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical / statistical abilities
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve with awareness of deadlines
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Planning and ERP systems preferred
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required, preferably in an e-commerce environment. Natural Products experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. APICS Membership and participation encouraged. Certified CPIM, CFPIM, or CSCP desired.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Job Description Acknowledgement:
I have received a copy of my job description for my current position. The job description describes duties and responsibilities which apply to me. I agree to read the job description and understand it may be amended as company conditions or requirements necessitate. In that case, changes will be communicated to me.
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.