Under general supervision, the Enterprise Cloud Engineer I will perform a variety of tasks related to supporting and maintaining iHerb Enterprise Level Cloud Applications and Integrations. This includes performing a variety of maintenance and administration tasks such as implementing Cloud Applications, Upgrading Cloud Applications and collaborating with internal and external teams to resolve issues with Cloud Applications. Tasks related to maintaining and reporting on Cloud Application usage and adoption will also be performed. The daily use of a ticket management system as well as performing project based work will guide most daily tasks. Teamwork is key to this position, so mentoring, assisting, and training with team members will be vital to ensure that company standards, policy, and procedures are followed while meeting documented SLA’s.
- Working in tandem with our engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Leverage BetterCloud to automate onboarding and offboarding of SaaS applications.
- Maintain the iHerb Portfolio of Enterprise Level Cloud applications, including relevant documentation for easy reference and use by other teams in technology and business.
- Assist with the Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Support leadership and senior team members in the managing of cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Work closely with HR to create, integrate and maintain user life cycle procedures and automations.
- Documenting all specifications around the implementation and usage of iHerb Cloud Applications
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they become problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer teams.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or applicable experience; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience managing and maintaining Jira, Okta, GSuite,& JAMF.
- Experience with a SaaSOps solution such as BetterCloud is desirable.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, and Docker.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and GraphQL.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
This position requires a minimum of two (2) years of IT service and support experience with emphasis on problem solving. Including experience related to the implementation of on premise and cloud based Enterprise applications is desirable.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for Education.
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.