The Senior Front End Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET core development stack. The Senior Front End Developer develops and designs solutions that are scalable for a high transaction environment (web, mobile, tablet, etc).
- Develop solutions within the functional specifications while maintaining high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and research Software Development trends as it relates to our business and future platforms
- Partner with our Product Owners and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation
- Work with teammates in the migration of existing legacy code to current technologies and standards
- Develop, refine and tune systems
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Consistently provide accurate estimates without reducing quality
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects forward with little to no supervision
- Provides support to less experienced team members
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert with REACT Typescript, HTML 5, CSS 3.0, Redux / ContextAPI
- Expert in REACT unit testing frameworks like Jest and REACT Testing Library
- Experience in performance optimization for REACT applications and build process
- Advanced knowledge and experience of software development throughout the entire lifecycle
- Working knowledge of source control and release management best practices
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience designing for desktop & mobile platforms using responsive design
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Understanding of at least one component in our continuous delivery model, such as automated build, task runners, automated testing or automated deployments
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in Software Development Field and a portfolio demonstrating first-hand development experience with complex applications
Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science required
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.