The Director Internal Audit is responsible for leading the overall direction and leadership of the internal audit function for the organization and responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk. The Director makes recommendations to senior management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed. The work will include managing audits including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management, writing audit reports, identifying and evaluating emerging areas of organizational risk. This individual will lead a staff whose scope of activities will be comprehensive including providing value-added analysis on business operations, internal controls and risk management and ensures audit work conforms to the Standards of the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Manage the overall Sarbanes-Oxley/404 process
- Responsible for defining materiality thresholds, scoping, assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) throughout the organization
- Responsible for documenting in-scope processes, testing controls, monitoring results, remediating deficient controls and sharing results with leadership, including the audit committee
- Manage all internal audit activity to coordinate audit projects, assessments, and regulatory audit requirements to fulfill the purposes and responsibilities approved by senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board Use knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine qualitative and quantitative impact on Company
- Provide risk management and internal control leadership and support regarding effective operating and designed controls, risk mitigation strategies and overall compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Manage and review all test work, including the internal control environment and promoting continuous enhancements and improvement of financial and operational controls, processes and system capabilities
- Responsible for the overall work quality of the internal audit unit, which includes maintaining or updating, as necessary, the unit’s quality assurance standards
- Perform annual risk assessment during audit planning and development of the audit strategy, audit plan and audit scope
- Establish and maintain key relationships throughout the organization as a means of obtaining information needed to perform functional duties, provide business advisory service and to provide strategic recommendations
- Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management such as review of system implementations, due diligence reviews, and internal investigations.
- Conduct technical accounting research
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of audit principles and theory, the Institute of Internal Auditing (IIA) standards, Statutory Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, American Institute of Certified Public Accounting standards, and internal audit department policies
- Extensive knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and COSO Framework
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to present and explain complex information and suggest process improvements to diverse audiences including senior level staff and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers, senior leadership and all levels of the organization, with a positive and professional image
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in a professional audit capacity with Big 4 or large national accounting firm. Relevant experience includes work in public accounting or audit of a public accounting. Four (4) years of staff management experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred. CPA,CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or related designation is required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.