The Senior Internal Auditor assists the Internal Audit Department of iHerb by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, control, and governance process.
- Work under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit
- Perform walkthroughs and develop SOX documentation
- Develop SOX testing procedures and perform SOX testing as necessary
- Assist with management remediation efforts
- Responsible for risk-based internal audits of financial controls, accounting reviews and special projects
- Ensure successful completion of assigned projects, from pre-planning to wrap-up
- Identify and communicate issues raised through comprehensive reports, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Communicate findings to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Apply an understanding of internal controls to audits and reviews to identify any potential risks
- Develop audit procedures for the prevention, identification and detection of fraud errors and cost savings
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls to prevent fraud and errors
- Review and suggest improvements to policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), American Institute of Certified Public Accounting standards, and internal audit department policies
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and COSO Framework
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Strong project and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Experience with data analytics tools and techniques preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) plus years financial experience, through public/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or industry experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related designation preferred
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.