**WE ARE HIRING FOR A MDM ROLE THAT IS PRIMARILY BUSINESS FOCUSED**
This position will monitor and analyze master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization. The individual will be responsible for implementing policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of system data. The individual will add value by understanding how Master Data is used in business processes and ensures that the Master Data is accurate, complete and transaction ready. The position requires exceptional global master data knowledge, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment. This role will be part of the Planning & Inventory team and will have a strong collaboration with the business operations, merchandising, accounting, and marketing teams.
The duties and responsibilities listed below may provide only a partial description of this position and is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
- Coordinate and execute Master Data creation and maintenance.
- Provide governance services in support of master data management, hold requestors accountable to Master Data standards and guidelines.
- Recommend and execute continuous improvement of master data management processes.
- Drive global master data integrity and compliance with policies and procedures by working with cross functional partners to address identified gaps that may drive inconsistent data.
- Provide data expertise and guideline knowledge on downstream impacts of inaccurate data to influence accountability, to support global data synchronization initiatives and guideline compliance.
- Provide master data conflicts/problem resolution support and education by working with business process owners to help troubleshoot data requirements.
- Support standardized data design, naming, consistent data definitions and usage through assigned projects and operational responsibilities.
- Monitor/audit master data and remediate issues to maintain defined levels of quality.
- Provide analytical support to other departments as necessary to assist with problem solving.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching, analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing information to make an informed decision and/or share the knowledge with team members.
- Understand enterprise/master data management concepts, principles, and best practices.
- Understand ERP systems and supply chain management concepts.
- Understand the use of technology tools that enable demand and supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in ERP systems, Google, and Microsoft tools
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, data management and retail math knowledge.
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (continued)
- Detail oriented, team-player
- Google G Suite skills desired
- SAP Experience a plus
- Tableau Experience a plus
Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience required, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail, or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and logical reasoning. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner. Ability to think proactively to reduce repetitive issues/tasks, develop steps for redundant tasks to automation.
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
Work Environment: Work from home for the near term, and when in the work environment noise level is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment (when in the office)
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Ability to work from home, office like setting with proper equipment (e.g. Wi-Fi)
Job Description Acknowledgement:
I have received a copy of my job description for my current position. The job description describes duties and responsibilities which apply to me. I agree to read the job description and understand it may be amended as company.
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.