The Human Resources Business Partner will provide strategic planning and tactical guidance to managers and team members, including coaching, counseling, employee relations, performance management, team member development and retention. This role will ensure the adherence of company policies and procedures throughout the organization. This position is responsible for delivering and/or coordinating Human Resources activities and initiatives. This may include driving corporate-wide initiatives as well as department specific activities.
***There will be Saturday shift expectations for this role***
- Partners with HR leadership, Sr. Human Resources Business Partner and management in the ability to recommend new approaches to effect continual improvement with productivity, development, culture and initiatives driving the company’s business goals and objectives
- Reviews factual data, metrics, to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches for success or resolving issues
- Partners with Total Rewards, Total Management and Safety and Security teams with implementation of company programs and processes
- Serves as a liaison and voice of the internal departments with implementing communication initiatives to align team members with iHerb’s shared values and talent standards
- Partners with the leave of absence representative for leave of absences, accommodations, disability requests to ensure compliance with company policy as well as state and federal regulations (FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, USERRA, Covid-19)
- Conducts investigations on employee relations issues, including discrimination, sexual harassment and other work-related issues; recommends appropriate resolution of complaints, monitors results, writes summary reports and partners with the management team for corrective action plans and disciplinary
- Partners with Sr. HR Business Partner, HR Director, legal counsel for EEOC, DFEH claims and professionally represents the company
- Provides support to management on team member performance snapshots/check-in’s, end of year performance management, promotions, reorganizations and other team member programs
- Provides support to management with defining new roles, updating job descriptions and ensuring roles are competitive with business and market strategy
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information, documents, e-mails and in handling employee relations issues, inquiries, complaints, leaves of absences, accommodations
- Partners with the Sr. HR Business Partner and HR Administrative team to provide full-cycle HR support to management and team members from onboarding to offboarding
- Provides advice, interpretation on company policies and procedures, and coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural issues and inquiries
- Oversees the off-boarding process by ensuring termination packets are prepared as required, coordinating final pay with the Payroll department, conducting termination meetings and notifying appropriate personnel
- Responds to requests for team member records, subpoenas, legal, law enforcement
- Oversees the coordination of company-wide events, outreach community events, meeting with event representatives and vendors, branding initiative and negotiating contracts
- Implements and supports management and team member training for development needs, annual mandatory training and corrective mandatory training
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An approachable and charismatic personality with the ability to connect with team members and build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvements
- Ability to be sensitive to other’s needs/feelings with empathy and the ability to take an objective position when gathering facts regarding sensitive matters
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding all human resource areas including: benefits, employment, wage and hour regulations, ADA, EEO, NLRB, leaves of absence (FMLA/CFRA/PDL/USERRA)
- Ability to research and interpret employment laws and regulatory changes, participating in continuous HR training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct presentations, facilitate meetings and provide training
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to accept criticism, and to calmly and effectively deal with high stress situations
- Ability to work independently including the ability to research and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred, where applicable
- Ability to locally travel up to 25%
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally requires a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in progressively responsible human resource roles, and at least 3 years in a supervisory role in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills; leading and developing other HR professionals. Experience working in a HR Corporate or large organization environment, e-commerce preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Organizational Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP) a plus
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.