The Human Resources Business Partner will provide strategic planning and tactical guidance to managers and team members, including coaching, counseling, employee relations, performance management, team member development and retention. This role will ensure the adherence of company policies and procedures throughout the organization. This position is responsible for delivering and/or coordinating Human Resources activities and initiatives. This may include driving corporate-wide initiatives as well as department specific activities.
***There will be Saturday shift expectations for this role***
- Partners with HR leadership, Sr. Human Resources Business Partner and management in the ability to recommend new approaches to effect continual improvement with productivity, development, culture and initiatives driving the company’s business goals and objectives
- Reviews factual data, metrics, to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches for success or resolving issues
- Partners with Total Rewards, Total Management and Safety and Security teams with implementation of company programs and processes
- Serves as a liaison and voice of the internal departments with implementing communication initiatives to align team members with iHerb’s shared values and talent standards
- Partners with the leave of absence representative for leave of absences, accommodations, disability requests to ensure compliance with company policy as well as state and federal regulations (FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, USERRA, Covid-19)
- Conducts investigations on employee relations issues, including discrimination, sexual harassment and other work-related issues; recommends appropriate resolution of complaints, monitors results, writes summary reports and partners with the management team for corrective action plans and disciplinary
- Partners with Sr. HR Business Partner, HR Director, legal counsel for EEOC, DFEH claims and professionally represents the company
- Provides support to management on team member performance snapshots/check-in’s, end of year performance management, promotions, reorganizations and other team member programs
- Provides support to management with defining new roles, updating job descriptions and ensuring roles are competitive with business and market strategy
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information, documents, e-mails and in handling employee relations issues, inquiries, complaints, leaves of absences, accommodations
- Partners with the Sr. HR Business Partner and HR Administrative team to provide full-cycle HR support to management and team members from onboarding to offboarding
- Provides advice, interpretation on company policies and procedures, and coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural issues and inquiries
- Oversees the off-boarding process by ensuring termination packets are prepared as required, coordinating final pay with the Payroll department, conducting termination meetings and notifying appropriate personnel
- Responds to requests for team member records, subpoenas, legal, law enforcement
- Oversees the coordination of company-wide events, outreach community events, meeting with event representatives and vendors, branding initiative and negotiating contracts
- Implements and supports management and team member training for development needs, annual mandatory training and corrective mandatory training
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An approachable and charismatic personality with the ability to connect with team members and build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvements
- Ability to be sensitive to other’s needs/feelings with empathy and the ability to take an objective position when gathering facts regarding sensitive matters
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding all human resource areas including: benefits, employment, wage and hour regulations, ADA, EEO, NLRB, leaves of absence (FMLA/CFRA/PDL/USERRA)
- Ability to research and interpret employment laws and regulatory changes, participating in continuous HR training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct presentations, facilitate meetings and provide training
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to accept criticism, and to calmly and effectively deal with high stress situations
- Ability to work independently including the ability to research and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred, where applicable
- Ability to locally travel up to 25%
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally requires a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in progressively responsible human resource roles, and at least 3 years in a supervisory role in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills; leading and developing other HR professionals. Experience working in a HR Corporate or large organization environment, e-commerce preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Organizational Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP) a plus
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.