The Master Data Management Manager’s role is to strategically manage and administer data across the enterprise, while ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability, accuracy, completeness, consistency, and privacy. This individual is responsible for standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, monitoring/auditing the data quality, and executing cleansing and policy agreements.
This individual focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data re-use, helps create, manage, and uphold governance agreements and articulates the strategic significance of information to the organization.
The position requires exceptional global master data knowledge, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment. This role will be part of the Planning & Inventory team and will have a strong collaboration with the business operations, merchandising, accounting, and marketing teams.
The duties and responsibilities listed below may provide only a partial description of this position and is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
- Oversee and manage the process to create and enforce Master Data Governance policies and procedures.
- Establish and adhere to SLAs and accuracy ratios for creating and updating master data records.
- Administer all necessary Create/Read/Update/Delete requests to appropriate master data, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Monitor all newly created / updated master data records for accuracy and completeness.
- Be the "Gate Keeper" in maintaining consistency, uniformity, and accuracy of all systems master data.
- Identify and manage the escalation and resolution of data quality issues in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
- Run designated reports that will support analytics, data accuracy, metrics, reporting, etc.
- Provide and continuously improve Data Governance policies to address both identified and potential future organizational requirements.
- Ensure that the company meets its responsibilities for SOX and any legislative requirements.
- Manage the compliance to the Information Security Standards, performing Internal Audits, Escalations and defining/reviewing processed and procedures as required.
- Recommend and execute continuous improvement of master data management processes.
- Drive and approve global master data integrity and compliance with policies and procedures by working with cross functional partners to address identified gaps that may drive inconsistent data.
- Provide data expertise and guideline knowledge on downstream impacts of inaccurate data to influence accountability, to support global data synchronization initiatives and guideline compliance.
- Drive master data initiatives and projects to implement new procedures and policies to streamline processes.
- Provide analytical support to other departments as necessary to assist with problem solving.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a data or business analyst role that required defining process requirements, business requirements and SOPs related to Master Data Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching, analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing information to make an informed decision and/or share the knowledge with team members.
- Understand enterprise/master data management systems, concepts, principles, and best practices.
- Understand the use of technology tools that enable demand and supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in ERP systems, Google, and Microsoft tools
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, data management and retail math knowledge.
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Detail oriented, team-player
- Google G Suite skills desired
- SAP Experience a plus
- Tableau Experience a plus
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Certified CDMP or DGSP a plus.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and logical reasoning. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner. Ability to think proactively to reduce repetitive issues/tasks, develop steps for redundant tasks to automation.
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
Work Environment: Work from home for the near term, and when in the work environment noise level is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment (when in the office)
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Ability to work from home, office like setting with proper equipment (e.g. Wi-Fi)
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.