The Global Logistics Specialist will coordinate, in English and other languages (Arabic), with various international and domestic logistics companies to ensure the movements of iHerb’s shipments and iHerb Logistics’ customers shipments are processed timely and efficiently. This position will support the U.S. Logistics team to manage and grow the U.S. carrier portfolio by developing delivery programs throughout the U.S. Additionally, this position will also help manage domestic and international client account(s) to ensure great quality services.
- Serve as subject matter expert demonstrating in-depth knowledge of market, culture, logistics-related regulations and policies, clearance procedures, etc. for the assigned lanes and carriers
- Build relationship with carriers to resolve delivery related issues and identify opportunities for projects/initiatives to achieve mutual growth
- Develop new, progressive, and creative delivery programs/products throughout the U.S.
- Manage external customer account to ensure delivery speed and quality
- Set-up new and continually improve existing processes for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Perform research Gather and analyze data for assigned lanes and projects
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and business processes
- Report any discrepancies of damaged or lost shipments, customs issues, and work with logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
- Maintain freight expenses for assigned lanes and review invoices. Report any changes or billing issues with the department management team and Accounting Department
- Research lost shipments, broken items and track items between custom brokers and iHerb Logistics
- Manage lead times for assigned lanes and investigate delays with internal teams, logistics carriers and customs brokers daily to ensure timely flow of the shipments
- Be responsible for trouble-shooting customs and any logistics related issues
- Perform audits to review logistics processes for the management team when needed
- Organize, maintain, and update website content for assigned lanes
- Translate documents when needed
- Attend corporate meetings when translation is necessary
- Support special projects when needed
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to take accountability for assigned tasks and assigned project deliverables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Bilingual in Arabic
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or three (3) years of related experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.