The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administration of team member benefits in all company operations. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various team member benefit plans, as well as other corporate initiatives.
- Serve as subject matter expert for iHerb benefit programs and be well versed in administration requirements for all benefits plans (e.g. medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, and voluntary benefits offerings), in accordance with plan documents and company policies and procedures
- Assist with handling Federal, State and Company leave of absences, (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, ADA), including consultations with team members, both verbally and written, upon the need for a requested leave
- Responsible for the Service Desk Ticketing System
- Oversees the administration of collection and recoupment processes for team member’s portion of benefit premiums to maintain eligibility
- Audits the Payment Posting Records for tracking of benefit payments upon receiving team member’s payments while on leave
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Handle team member’s changes pertaining to benefits, such as qualifying events, etc.
- Human Resources subject matter expert on company’s 401(k) plan
- Coordinates the administration of team member benefits including enrollments and terminations. This includes submitting appropriate paperwork when hiring or terminating a team member, and discussing eligibility with team members
- Develop ideas and plans for iHerb’s Wellness Programs
- Collaborate in the design, implementation and administration of iHerb’s benefit offerings
- Interface with outside benefits consultants, vendors, insurance carrier representatives and team members
- Review and analyze short and long range cost estimate/projections regarding modifications in benefit programs and implementation of new programs
- Coordinate the creation, distribution and presentation of team member benefits communication including new hire orientation, periodic benefit updates, summary plan descriptions and annual open enrollment
- Coordinate and administer the planning, scheduling, implementation, communication, and follow-up of annual wellness screenings to coincide with open enrollment
- Assist with the intake of leave requests, preparing and sending required notices, forms and letters, evaluating health certification information, determining leave eligibility, conducting interactive process discussions, initiating and managing team member leaves of absences and Worker's Compensation claims, while ensuring adherence to and compliance with all applicable Federal and State leave requirements
- Coordinates pay, benefits, return-to-work programs and process, including best practices in preventative safety and absence management programs
- Partner proactively with payroll, finance, HRBP’s and other departments as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding all human resource areas including: benefits, employment, wage and hour regulations, ADA, EEO, NLRB, leaves of absence (FMLA/CFRA/PDL/USERRA) etc.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language
- Proficiency as a HR systems user for tracking and administration of LOA, Workers’ Compensation and ADA activity
- Hands-on experience with processing documentation, interactive process discussions, managing records, accurately tracking of leaves
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels across the company
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Work well independently; work collaboratively within HR team, and as member of cross functional teams
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter with experience managing projects from inception to completion
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Service Desk Ticketing System
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of recent progressive experience in health and welfare benefit plan planning. Proficiency with Workday and experience with benefit provider systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Organizational Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.