The Group Product Manager - Search Relevance and Ranking will be expected to own the ranking algorithms for search results and ensure that we serve the most relevant products to our customers based on their queries. They will work to define the search KPI’s and metrics with which to measure the success of search projects. They will help to identify and prioritize the search roadmap based on stakeholder requests and internal projects. They will have a strong understanding of how to segment search queries and devise solutions to increase relevancy within them. Work closely with the Algorithms and Data Science teams to tweak models to improve relevancy and A/B test new features.
- Segment queries and identify approaches to improve relevancy for each
- Expertise in best practices and standards for product delivery across cross functional teams
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as engineering, program management, QA, Data Science and others to deliver on the projects.
- Oversee the vision, development, and delivery of our search and relevance platform roadmap
- Effectively communicate, drive alignment, and successfully execute on our product development vision and roadmap
- Find the best way to measure relevance baseline metrics and then work on creating a vision and roadmap that will help improve this metric for our global audience
- A/B test new features
- Build and manage a team of product managers to assist in this capacity
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Manage the product vision and roadmap from ideation, product requirements gathering, and delivery
- Strong data analytics and A/B testing knowledge for consumer and platform products
- Strong knowledge of establishing KPIs and success metrics to drive product development teams
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience effectively working with remote teams
- Experience working in both public and startup environments
- Experience with communication platforms and growth initiatives
- Versatile product leader who can thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience with product management
Bachelor’s Degree required. Technical background is preferred. MBA is a plus.
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.