The Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for the overall safety, security and operational performance of the KY Distribution Center. This position generates significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of B2C fulfillment center by doing the following duties.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations
- Develop strategic plans to enable management to drive for results to meet goals
- Hold management staff accountable for daily and weekly operational plans
- Assess team member strengths and opportunities and develop and implement appropriate actions to develop and build talent bench and/or address performance issues
- Develop and directs the management of the company’s Fulfillment/Distribution Center that will ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, proper and timely receipt/stocking of goods, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns
- Monitor and maintain a safe and sanitary work environment. Ensure compliance with all government regulations
- Interact regularly with the executive team and individual department heads to ensure that the company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction
- Maintain adequate staffing levels to ensure all departments across multiple shifts are fully staffed for order processing
- Maintain appropriate balance between inbound/outbound operation ensuring order completion
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience within a multi-shift distribution center. E-Commerce experience highly desirable.
Bachelor Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 60 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.