Under general supervision, the Material Handler - Inventory is responsible for maintaining accurate records of all inventories. Handles all paperwork and follows all procedures to meet this goal. Verifies all orders received and shipped and ensures that the orders are properly accounted for in the company’s records. Accounts for all defective or damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action. Manages and reconciles all cycle counts. The Material Handler – Inventory will have basic understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), safety and inventory procedures
- Follow all Inventory and Safety Procedures
- Loads and unloads trailers, scans merchandise, builds pallets and labels merchandise
- Picks, packs and sorts products
- Re-bags/Re-tickets, replenishes and/or stocks merchandise as needed
- Verifies accuracy of production or location; may set or assign locations of products
- Performs manual, computer or RF functions to enter data in systems
- Performs count of product / reconciliations (count cycle)
- Reviewing orders for fulfillment
- Support of warehouse personnel with inventory issues and physical management of inventory
- Participate in physical inventory counts
- Inventory troubleshooting and research to complete customer order(s)
- Analysis of inventory stock levels
- Monitoring aging/usage levels of product
- Review with Accounts Payable issues between invoices/purchase orders
- Process damage claims and perform root causes analysis of issues
- Updating computerized inventory records with use of Cubiscan machine
- Communicating and assisting staff with inventory concerns
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of inventory management procedures and general warehousing terminology and practices
- Must pass basic mathematics and Excel test
- Interpersonal and communication skills are important
- Familiarity with warehouse and inventory management systems required
- Accuracy and thoroughness required with great attention to detail
- Skills in mathematics, personal computers (Excel) and spreadsheets are required
- Must be willing to be trained and certified on industrial powered equipment
Generally requires a minimum of one (1) year of Inventory Control experience
High School Diploma or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 60 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.