DevOps Engineer builds and maintains the overall direction of the company’s production e-commerce & WMS infrastructure. The DevOps engineer will be leading the implementation of systems like Docker, Puppet, SOLR and Redis, The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for improving and maintaining website performance, monitoring website traffic, and be primary resource focused on new Linux/Unix initiatives.
- Oversee and handle all design for any Linux/Unix environment
- Oversee the sizing and infrastructure solutions for the Web & WMS environments
- Manages company website in private cloud, hosted cloud web services (AWS, Aliyun)
- Publishes software upgrades and configuration management to company systems
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Establishes Web system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades Web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Establishes and monitors Content Delivery Network systems, monitors traffic and performance, maintains and improves performance of the website using CDN configurations.
- Monitors website traffic worldwide using global monitoring tools and identifies and diagnoses website accessibility in different regions.
- Maintains DNS servers and monitors DNS traffic.
- Builds and maintains load balancers and global traffic managers
- Works with Webmaster tools to identify website content and SEO issues; works with development team to resolve issues.
- Monitors and analyses website traffic through analytic tools and reports any identified issues.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience writing shell scripts, PHP and other scripting languages
- Ability to run queries and stored procedures against databases
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Working knowledge of applications servers like SOLR, Redis, Docker
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Experience in working with VMWare 5.0 and up
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- Experience in developing, installing, and maintaining HTTP modules in Apache
Generally required 5-7 years of experience in IT Operations
Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Fast-paced with multiple concurrent projects
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.