Under general supervision, the Warehouse Dept. Lead will lead departments to meet daily requirements, meet business goals, and pursue continuous improvements. Practices safety awareness; order consolidation, picking, packing, replenishment, shipping, receiving, inventorying, and re-warehousing. Processing must be completed in a timely manner to maintain established department and location standards/goals.
- Loads and unloads trailers, scans merchandise, builds pallets and labels merchandise
- Picks, packs and merges orders
- Re-bags/Re-tickets, replenishes and/or stocks merchandise as needed
- Verifies accuracy of production or location; may set or assign locations of products
- Performs manual, computer or RF functions to enter data in systems
- Manages flow based on available workload/orders
- Communicate with leads from other departments, as needed
- Document issues/challenges and report to management
- Responsible for training, ensuring accuracy and maintaining productivity levels
- Adheres to company policies and procedures; follows department training guidelines, best practices and operating procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Maintains standards of appearance according to location dress code
- Follows all location Safety Guidelines
- Ensures equipment and other department supplies are maintained
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions
- Ability to perform tasks consistently and accurately
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math and computer operations
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Ability to safely operate hand and power equipment according to procedure
Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of related experience
High School Diploma preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 60 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.