The Purchasing Project Manager (PPM) develops, leads, organizes and manages designated projects ensuring a thorough, consistent and on time end-result. This role provides the Buying Team with direction and support around product, promotions, pricing and vendor relations. In addition, the PPM acts as the Purchasing liaison in the coordination of related projects between a variety of cross-functional teams to include: Marketing, Product Content, Planning, Legal, Global Logistics, Accounting and IT.
- Directly responsible for projects from creation to completion; defining project goals and objectives, creating documentation, coordinating appropriate teams, assigning and tracking tasks, determining necessary resources and setting a realistic timeline.
- Create, revise and maintain SOP, guidelines and directives that support the team
- Regularly report on project progress, dependencies, risks to stakeholders and strategies for mitigation.
- Coordinate and drive data related projects with ability to QC
- Ability to analyze data and summarize results and findings
- Manage and update data inside and outside the system for supplier, brand and product level projects
- Identify opportunities and present solutions to optimize business performance, improve efficiencies and processes
- Maintain and update Purchasing/Merchandising Policies & Procedures Manual/Forms
- Coordinate Purchasing/Merchandising department events, supplies and clerical needs
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in Retail Purchasing and Project Management with a demonstrated track record of success in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve and prioritize with awareness of deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) with ability to collaborate cross-functionally with team members and individuals throughout the organization
- Solid decision making skills, great follow up, team player
- Strong computer skills, highly proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Experience with an ERP system (SAP, Microsoft, Netsuite, etc.)
Generally, requires 3-5 years of experience in project management related to retail/e-commerce merchandising and/or purchasing.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms including reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.