The Warehouse Department Supervisor will provide leadership and direction in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate activities of team members concerned with picking, packing, shipping, receiving and fulfillment as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping both nationally and internationally via expedited carrier services, maintaining a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Orders departmental supplies as needed
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team members
- Maintain harmony among team members and resolve grievances
- Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as inventory management and quality assurance
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Responsible for working with other departments to assist in resolving issues related to products and order fulfillment
- Responsible for improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Responsible for evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a supervisor requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all day-to-day activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Monitors and manages all aspects of team member performance to include administering write-ups/counseling
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Manages workflow to meet planned department productivity standards
- Train new or newly assigned team members in the proper methods and standard operating procedures of a job function
- Completes special projects as determined
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, reading and understanding.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekend
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel) and Google Office.
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of warehouse experience in an automated environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 60 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.