The Associate Counsel will provide support to the VP, General Counsel on various legal initiatives for the company and assist in day to day contract review, drafting, and negotiations as well as assist in the administration, prosecution, and defense of trademark and other intellectual property matters.
- Assist VP, General Counsel in overseeing contractual and intellectual property matters of the company.
- Collaborate with other departments in the review and revisions of proposed contracts to protect the company’s interests and provide for adequate risk mitigation
- Negotiate and review contracts for the company and its affiliates, including manufacturing agreements, purchasing contracts, NDAs, marketing and IT services agreements
- Evaluate and advise on impact of proposed contractual language and its practical business implications
- Draft and negotiate various intellectual property agreements, including trademark licensing agreements, co-branding and co-marketing agreements.
- Develop legal procedures to streamline the management and administration of company’s agreements.
- Provide support in the management of the company’s global trademark portfolio
- Assist in the company’s domain name protection and enforcement efforts
- Supervise and oversee outside counsel regarding foreign trademark, domain name, and other intellectual property matters
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Highly skilled negotiator and team player
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Experience with contract drafting and negotiating
- Experience with domestic and international trademark and domain name laws
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects, effectively meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms. etc.) preferred
Requires 3 to 5 years of proven legal experience, both in law firm and in-house. Experience with online retail industry a plus.
Juris Doctor Degree (JD) from an accredited law school.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.